Popular posts from this blog
A Line in Relation to My Body
I really enjoyed this project, I took inspiration from Roman Ondak's project Measuring the Universe , 2007. I asked close friends and acquaintances to place their hand on the work with different configurations of paint. Funnily enough this idea came to me while I was reading my partner's palm. The lines of our palm are unique to every individual. I chose to use magenta, blue, and yellow because I figured it would mix on the page well with all the layers of the hands. This piece is a mix of performance and abstraction, and I couldn't be happier with it! I'm truly grateful for everyone who contributed to this piece. My favorite part is that I had a lot of people tell me how much fun it was to participate in this project, people got to embrace their inner child and have fun with some finger painting.
Assignment 1 "Intentional Drawing"
I created this piece in my sketchbook, using a range of pencils (4H, 3H, 2H, H, HB, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 7B, and 8B) and highlighted areas using a white contouring stick. I challenged myself with this drawing not only by enduring the intense weather outside for close to 3 hours, but also because it has been a while since I have attempted to replicate an object in real life rather than a photograph or illustration.


Comments
Post a Comment